Monday, July 02, 2007

Mainly I Love Kids Run - 1 July 2007

1st July was supposed to be Ipoh International Run for me but the less than exciting route of Ipoh Centennial Run in May made me change my mind. So when Ed told me she has registered for MILK Run, i did the same.

Arrived at race location at 1445hrs. Changed into my race attire and met TLR who kindly offered his car as baggage counter. Left for startpoint where i met Runwitme and FBB. I realised that i was not wearing my Polar. Good excuse to slack??

Before long, the emcee and DPM flagged us off. I started the race slow, not just because of the crowded route, hot weather but also because i remember last year's disastrous run when i tired out after just a few km.

Weather was hot, though not as last year, but hot nevertheless. Bad decision to run past first waterpoint at Riverside point without drinking. Ran past Central, Boat Quay before u-turning at Fullerton bridge hoping for a waterstation. Continued running past Empress place and thankfully there was a waterpoint before Clarke Quay. Started second loop after Clarke Quay and continued running slowly, as slow as Marathon pace. No idea on finishing time but had 2 100plus and a banana while waiting for Ed, who ran the 4km Community Run with her best friend.

Distance: 8.4km
Shoe: Asics Cumulus (Not comfortable this shoe)

No comments: