Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Swim lessons: 3 Mar 08

The day i crawled forward

Took am off and after running a few errands, got to Bishan stadium. With close to 2 hours to go before lessons begins, i did some swim of my own. Breaststroke swim. 20 laps, with rest after every lap.

Distance: 20 x 50m


Continued to swim lesson by warming up with the chin-on-water, hands-on-kickboard, kick-till-you-tire routine for 6 laps. Coach told me to continue with pull-and-recover with kickboard. I was starting to get real frustrated but remembering Coach's words [it is harder when using kickboard, but when you are ready i will take it away, and you'll swim very fast], i persevered on.

Indeed, a short while after, Coach took my kickboard and told me to swim without it, breathing after every 3 pulls [means breathing from one side then the other], thump together before every pull. I recovered my enthusiasm, and perhaps must have overdid it, as i felt strain of my triceps. Could the breaststroke swim have played a part in that?

Lessons ended with me on a high. But my kicking still sucked.

No comments: