Friday, January 19, 2007

CBD Run - 16 Jan 07

Having been under the weather since Wednesday, i badly missed running. Tuesday came by and so did the weekly CBD run.
It was raining when i reached CBD, Petia was already there. Soon, more sgrunners appeared. I changed into my NB kit, wearing the shorts and vest for the first time. After organising my urban running kit, i got back to the gathering area, it was already drizzling.
Tigger led the run, which started very slowly. I have already decided to do the normal 10km route. That way, i wouldn't need to wear the footpod.
Did the first stretch with Alvo and Meteor but after a toilet break at the pier, was all alone. In fact, less Michiy and Mrs Gentle who were doing 6km, i was the last runner. I picked up pace and before long, came up to Gentle at the intersection to the country club. I turned right towards the club and got level with Tigger and Hohorunner before IMD appeared, already into his second loop. I tried catching up to Le-Charlotte, who i knew was about 200m ahead, as her bright pink tee-shirt was within my sights.
After the seafood centre, IMD caught up. We picked up speed and caught up with Charlotte at the tunnel. I then continued the pace to the finish line.
A relaxing run in cool weather. I don't think i will be running again for the rest of the week. I hope this run will be enough to prepare me for the GE Pacesetters 30km in KL this Sunday. Come to think of it, seems more like Fat Hope.
Shoes: NB 1060
Distance: 10km

No comments: