Wednesday, January 10, 2007

CBD Run - 9 Jan 07

The day started with continuous rain, and it continued until about 1700hrs. Preparing for the worse, i refused to leave office in my running attire, wearing my shirt and bermudas instead.
I was first to reach the start point but Tiwazz, Reconteur, Philip, Le_Charlotte, Bee, Terrance, tktan and Petia came by not long after. Though there was a slight drizzle, i only decided to change to my running gear when Aichai arrived.
Leaving our bags in Aichai's car, we left the startpoint and headed for Marina South. Together with Bee and Philip, i did a slow run and arrived at the Marina Pier. There were some constructions taking place along the route causing us to alternate between running on the road and the pavements.
After a routine stop at the Pier's toilet, i continued my run with Bee. Aichai told us that he was going to take a short cut back to the start with Petia, so i got Reconteur to follow us. The journey back was at a comfortable pace. Just as we ran past the Country Club, tktan and Terrance sped past, already doing their 2nd loop. I guess their speed took Reconteur aback, since it was his first run with SGRunners. I assured him that though everyone in SGRunners will claim to be slow, there are genuine slow coaches, me being one of them.
When we reached the bus-stop in front of Marina Bay station, i saw what looked like Charlotte. It was indeed her, seemed to be nursing an injury. I caught up with her and motioned for the rest to slow down. SGRunners have this good practice of ensuring female runners do not run alone in dark places, not that they are incapable of defending themselves. Far from it, some of the lady runners i know are much fitter and faster than the guys.
We reached the end point at 2014hrs. I did some stretches before leaving for dinner at Maxwell market.
Shoe: NB 1060, still too firm for my liking.
Distance: 10km
Time: 1:08

No comments: