Friday, May 11, 2007

Ipoh Centennial Celebrations Run – 6 May 07

Got up at 445am. After shower, applied NEAT Cream to abrasion-prone areas as well as plasters where required. I then put on my Mizuno white vest and black shorts, Adizero SN Red and USK-filled race belt before swallowing 2 capsules of Amino Acid.

NL and me then headed out to the start point. After registration, we did our customary stretches before the GOH arrived to flag us off for our 21km run.

The first 5km or so was run within the town. NL and me did a slow run, partly because we were nursing sore limps and muscles after the Larian Bendang, partly because we needed to encourage each other to finish the race in 2:30 latest so as to catch the 10am bus home.

The first waterpoint appeared circa the 5km mark. The route then continued on for about 8km on each side of Jalan Kuala Kangsar. Though my legs were tired and the muscles were sore, I could continue running had it not been for the other sore limps of the body. I ran slow and brisk-walked the rest of the route, stopping at the 12km and 17km mark for water. I eventually finished the run in 2:08.

Not exciting this run, the route was rather boring, much unlike PD or Bidor, or Putrajaya. Even Petaling Jaya 21km was more interesting. Though the water points have sufficient water, sponging stations would have been appreciated. I am now reconsidering going for the Ipoh International run a week after Penang Bridge, if the route is similar.
Collected my medal and goodie bag. Terrance was around to congratulate us. He seemed more relieved than we were now that we are able to make it for the 10am bus. Met Yeehua who finished 2nd in the women’s category. Congratulations to her. Also runwitme appeared and informed me about him missing the Bendang run because slept through the Alor Star bus-stop. A cup of water later and NL and me were on our way back to the hotel. We stopped by a pasar tani, selling everything like what Sungei Road does and bought Nasi Lemak and the tarik.

Distance: 21km (Though I seriously doubted so)
Shoe: Adizero SN Red
Time: 2:08

No comments: