Monday, January 29, 2007

New Gadgets on the block

Thinking about the KL Marathon in March and knowing that there will not be the heavenly SGRunners 30km support table at that race, I knew that i will have to carry everything i need with me, right from the start. Based on experience from Stanchart Singapore Marathon last year, i figured i will need about 5 packs of powergels and probably a pack of deep heat rub. I do not want to rely on the organisers for these 2 essentials as i knew that these things may run out by the time i need them.

So i have been actively searching for anything that i can place these items in, and be comfortable running. A trip to RunningLab at Velocity last evening and i think i may have found the solution.

Cosmic was on duty when i stepped into the shop. I immediately saw what i was looking for. Near the entrance of the shop, a number of Nathan pouches were hung. Some could hold water bottles while others looked like waist wallets. Though tempted to get the water bottle pouches, i zoomed in on the waist wallet kind, knowing that if i want to carry water i can just use my under-utilised Nathan hydration belt.

The waist wallet comes in 2 sizes. I tried the smaller one, even putting some packs of powergels in them. Feeling that the smaller one could carry only about 3-4 packs of gel, i made up my mind and bought the bigger wallet.

I have been suffering from sore fore-feet after every run, ever since i went for my first 30km training run for SCSM last October. Tried getting shoes with maximum cushioning but couldn't solve the problem. I spotted what looked like cushioning gel which is to be placed under the forefeet area, and decided to get a pair to test. Actually, i have seen the gel just before SCSM, but didn't get around to buy one. My plan is to try it on my NB1060 during CBD run come Tuesday.

No comments: