Sunday, April 29, 2007
- Sunday, 22 April: Gave up on the Mount Faber race, had to clear some work at the office.
- Monday, 23 April: No runs.
- Tuesday, 24 April: Travel day, no runs.
- Wednesday, 25 April: Lots of work to clear, no runs.
- Thursday, 26 April: Final preparations before ISO Audit, no runs.
- Friday, 27 April: Too tired to run after work.
- Saturday, 28 April: Gave up on Real Run Terrain Race, had to travel.
No runs this week, too much work to clear. 1 week to the back to back half marathons at Alor Setar and Ipoh, and 2 weeks to IPPT.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
- Sunday, 15 Apr: No runs, still sick.
- Monday, 16 Apr: No runs, watched 2 movies, Turistas and Smokin' Aces. There seems to be a wide selection of gory movies nowadays.
- Tuesday, 17 Apr: CBD Run.
- Wednesday, 18 Apr: No runs. Wanted to do a simple circuit training at the fitness station near office, but rain spoiled my plans. Watched another movie, The Hills have Eyes 2.
- Thursday, 19 Apr: Travel day, no runs.
- Friday, 20 Apr: No runs, again, watched 2 movies, The Red Cockatoo and Fracture.
- Saturday, 21 Apr: Went to JB with Ed. Rain prevented us from having goreng pisang, but we watch a rather lousy show in Zombie Kampong Pisang.
No baggage service this time so Tiwazz volunteered to be security. That also meant no one to lead the way to Mt Faber, so i volunteered to show a new route, which was up Sheares Bridge from Sundial and down at Marina Promanade before going back up at Promenade and exit back at Sundial.
Running along Maxwell Road, the group headed towards ECP and turned left into the underpass towards Marina South. We then ran at the pavement and into Marina City Park towards the sundial. Walking slowly below the Sheares Bridge, we got to the proposed IR site and climbed up the stairs and then ran on the bridge towards Marina Promenade. The fumes from vehicles plying the bridge caused us to pick up pace. Reaching Marina Promenade side, we climbed down the stairs and made a loop to the opposite site of the bridge. Climbed the stairs and ran slowly back towards Marina South. Climbed down the stairs and walked on the grass, towards Sundial.
We ran by the rockwall towards the barrage construction linking Marina East and South, turned right to soccer field and right again once we reached the seafood centre. From there, i slowed down and ran with Piglet, ST and Ronnie, who was nursing a knee injury. Slowly, we made our way back to the start.
Shoe: Asics Cumulus
Monday, April 16, 2007
- Sunday, 8 Apr: Down with flu. Stayed home all day until Ed dragged me out for dinner.
- Monday, 9 Apr: Lots of work to do, no runs. Didn't want to take medicine, couldn't afford to get drowsy.
- Tuesday, 10 Apr: Still down with flu, and had the ISO auditor to entertain. Wanted to drop by CBD and share my flu germs with the runners but rain spoiled my plan.
- Wednesday, 11 Apr: Travel day, had a meeting in Bintan. Had to get back to office upon reaching SG, clear some work. No runs.
- Thursday, 12 Apr: Another travel day, meeting the guys from Jakarta, coming over to Bintan to discuss and iron out issues concerning the hospitality school. Brought my gear along but no time for runs or any forms of work-out.
- Friday, 13 Apr: Still in Bintan, still working, still sneezing.
- Saturday, 14 Apr: Got back to SG in the mid-afternoon. Watched Wild Hogs with Ed. Probably one of the funniest show i've watch for sometime.
- Sunday, 15 Apr: Rested all day, had tea with Ed at Caffe Beviamo at Tanglin Mall. The sticky date pudding is something to die for. Soy latte good too.
Monday, April 09, 2007
- Sunday, 1 Apr: PD Half Marathon.
- Monday, 2 Apr: No runs.
- Tuesday, 3 Apr: CBD Run.
- Wednesday, 4 Apr: Refused to run.
- Thursday, 5 Apr: Watched 2 movies with Irwan, "The Reaping and Shooter".
- Friday, 6 Apr: Had to forgo the Northern Run organised by Jamessoh.
- Saturday, 7 Apr: Went to JB, had goreng pisang. Then watched a scary movie "Jangan Pandang Belakang". Scary, good plot but they could have done better with the ghost, looked like a mannequin. Though was sneezing all day, i still stayed up late and watched Man Utd lose to Portsmouth.
Will take the following week to rest, before starting intensive training for IPPT and Mt Faber race.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
- A 30km race - GE Pacesetters 30K
- A full Marathon - KL Marathon
- A half Marathon - Port Dickson Half
So what now? Let's see.....
- continue running but concentrate more on short and fast runs: I need to work on my speed, especially if i want a decent timing during IPPT, which is less than 1.5months away.
- strength training: Got to start pumping iron and hang if i want to get monetary rewards during IPPT. My weak stations have always been standing broad jump and chin-up, though i remember failing 2.4km after passing all the other stations, once, long time ago.
- swim: Not that i can't swim, i was dubbed the "Gold Medal Swimmer" by my squadmates during PA. Can't remember where i kept my Survival Gold pin. Still, forward crawl is what i need to practice nowadays, since i can survive on frog-style.
As for races:
- Mizuno Mount Faber race is coming up: that reminds me, i need to orientate myself with the route.
- Real Run Terrain Race: 2 rounds round Bedok Reservoir, what a bore. Then again, hope the t-shirt is good.
- Ipoh Centennial Celebration Half Marathon: Can i not go??
- NB Pacesetters 15km: Just got clearance from OC Troop to go ahead with this. Yaahhooo...
- Bintan Triathlon: Need to see the coach and my teammates soon.
- World Harmony Run: Might as well join, get some mileage.
- Penang Bridge...... we'll talk about this later. Now got to go makan.
Monday, April 02, 2007
- Sunday, 25 Mar: No runs.
- Monday, 26 Mar: Left for Jakarta.
- Tuesday, 27 Mar: Still in Jakarta. Should have brought my running and swimming gear, the gym and pool facilities were excellent.
- Wednesday, 28 Mar: Got back in the evening and watched Ed's badminton game. No happy ending though.
- Thursday, 29 Mar: Wanted to swim but the weather did not permit. Watched two movies instead.
- Friday, 30 Mar: Watched another movie after carbo-loaded with La Mien from Banquet Harbourfront.
- Saturday, 31 Mar: Left for Port Dickson with NL and IMD. Upon arrival, collected registration pack and bought 24 packs of Powergel at RM4/pack. God knows when i will finish all that. Left for NL's granny's house, a kampong house, where we put up for the night. Went out again after that, first to Pasar Tani, the night market; then for dinner at warong Mak Mah, where i had a not-so-nice version of Nasi Padprik; and lastly to another makan place where we watched Man Utd beat Blackburn 4-1. Before we found the last makan place, i called another NS friend, Sharil to give me SMS updates each time a goal is scored and at half and full time. The funny thing was, the makan place received the live game about a minute later than viewers in Singapore. So i knew whenever a goal was scored even before it was shown on TV. Funny!!
Learning point for the week: Bring sports gear wherever i go.