Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What's next??

Can't believe it is April, how time flies?
I've completed:
  • A 30km race - GE Pacesetters 30K
  • A full Marathon - KL Marathon
  • A half Marathon - Port Dickson Half

So what now? Let's see.....

  • continue running but concentrate more on short and fast runs: I need to work on my speed, especially if i want a decent timing during IPPT, which is less than 1.5months away.
  • strength training: Got to start pumping iron and hang if i want to get monetary rewards during IPPT. My weak stations have always been standing broad jump and chin-up, though i remember failing 2.4km after passing all the other stations, once, long time ago.
  • swim: Not that i can't swim, i was dubbed the "Gold Medal Swimmer" by my squadmates during PA. Can't remember where i kept my Survival Gold pin. Still, forward crawl is what i need to practice nowadays, since i can survive on frog-style.

As for races:

  • Mizuno Mount Faber race is coming up: that reminds me, i need to orientate myself with the route.
  • Real Run Terrain Race: 2 rounds round Bedok Reservoir, what a bore. Then again, hope the t-shirt is good.
  • Ipoh Centennial Celebration Half Marathon: Can i not go??
  • NB Pacesetters 15km: Just got clearance from OC Troop to go ahead with this. Yaahhooo...
  • Bintan Triathlon: Need to see the coach and my teammates soon.
  • World Harmony Run: Might as well join, get some mileage.
  • Penang Bridge...... we'll talk about this later. Now got to go makan.

1 comment:

NEZZ said...

2007 calendar is packed with running/marathon/triathlon races. Like shopping, you can even select which to participate & to reject. Anyhow, happy training for all of the above.. Cheers!! :)