Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CBD Run - 11 Sep 07

Been a while since i ran CBD. With the constructions at Marina South in full swing, i guess the group has a new route.

Left office and barely made it before the group leaves. Put on my new TNF Arnuva Boa 50, having already changed to my Mizuno blue vest and shorts.

Tigger briefed the group and then started the run. The 2 months or so i spent in Bintan hasn't done me any good in terms of running. Though i have completed some races during that period, i was afraid that i might have lost my running groove.

I followed the group though, trying my best to keep up with them. We headed along Tanjung Pagar Road and somehow made our to Spottiswood area before coming out along Jalan Bukit Merah. We then entered Kampong Baru Road and slowly ran towards the foot of Mount Faber.

Slowly, we ran up Mount Faber. My only other time running this way up was a long, long time ago, with NL. The lack of training showed as i struggled to make my way to the top. Nevertheless, i arrived at the summit where Tigger again briefed the group. We were to head halfway down towards Wishart Road but turn left to go up to the summit again just before we reach Wishart Road.

I was at the tail end of the group to ensure that i don't get influenced by their fast pace. Even going downhill was a problem for me as i struggled to stablelize my breathing. The way up was equally bad. The good thing was, i managed to run continuously to the summit. Though most of the other guys did 2 laps of the down-then-uphill, i was content with just one.

I made my way back to the startpoint along the same path i took to reach Mount Faber. It was a lonely run but i bumped into Vincent from Redhawk just outside the train station. After a short chat, i continued back to the start, meeting Tao along the way. We ran back the rest of the journey together.

Less than 3 months to SCSM and i'm totally unfit. With the high possibility of no training during the fasting month, i really wonder how am i to survive the Real Run, Powerman and SCSM.

Distance: 12km
Shoe: TNF Arnuva Boa 50.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

What are you doing in Bintan? Working there?

Al the best for Sunday !

cheers,
Sling Runner