Thursday, August 09, 2007

CBD Run - 7 Aug 07

My first CBD run, after a long while. Left office wearing my Mizuno white vest and black shorts. Arrived at the startpoint, seeing Tiwazz, Tigger, Tao, ST, YankeeII, Sxuanjing. Jamesoh and Charlotte joined later. Put on my NB735, with USK-filled Nathan pouch on my waist.

After a short briefing on the route, Tigger started the run. The plan was to run along Shenton Way towards Esplanade before turning right to Marina Promenade. Upon reaching the bridge above Marina Bay, we are to do 4 sets of 1km intervals at our own pace, ending at the bridge above Kallang River.

Charlotte was leading most of the way in the first part and we were joined halfway by aerosolcan. I started fast, trying to warm up and perspire as much as possible. We took a 2 minute breather before starting the first set. I started fast but soon tire out, finishing in 5:05. Subsequent timings are as follows:
  • Set 1: 5:05
  • Set 2: 5:25
  • Set 3: 5:45
  • Set 4: 5:35
We then walked and jogged back to the startpoint. May have been a work out too much for my leg still recovering from King of the Road, but feeling the amount of perspiration on my body after the run made me feel good. I still feel unfit though.

Distance: 8km
Shoe: NB735

No comments: