Monday, March 05, 2007

Summary for week of 25 Feb - 3 Mar

A high on the Sunday and nothing else after.
  • Sunday, 25 Feb: National vertical Marathon. Couldn't run after that.
  • Monday, 26 Feb: No runs. Visited granny, no mood thereafter.
  • Tuesday, 27 Feb: No runs. Was all ready to go for CBD but a last minute directive by the-boss meant i had to carry so many stuff home, needed to travel to Bintan the next day. So i gave up CBD, and lugged the stuff home.
  • Wednesday, 28 Feb: Travel day. Again, a last minute directive by the-boss meant i had to take a later ferry back. Too late for anything by the time i get back. Went to visit granny again, and was in the worse morale ever when i saw her condition. The morale became even worse when i saw my grandpa, having to explain to him my absence. Sadness.
  • Thursday, 1 Mar: Took leave. I guess what happened the day before left a lasting impact on me, and particularly my head. A massive headache meant not just no runs but also me on the bed with an ice-pack on my forehead.
  • Friday, 2 Mar: No runs. Had a meeting with a national hero, someone from the team that scaled Mt Everest. I was impressed. Visited granny again, grandpa was there. Surprisingly, and a good surprise indeed, instead of whining about how much he misses her, he actually recited some prayers for grandma. Made me feel a whole lot better, but not enough to wipe away the sadness.
  • Saturday, 3 Mar: Finally got to run, though a very short distance of 6km. Ed will be taking part in the Women's Outdoor Challenge on the day i'm due to leave for KL Marathon. Sad that i will not be able to cheer and support her during her race, i encouraged her to do this run. Did a 6km from Crawford Street and went past the River HongBao Festival at the Esplanade on our way to and from the u-turn point just before Clarke Quay.

Well, nothing much other than me being sad each time i see my granny. 2 weeks to KL Marathon, better do something or i will suffer.

No comments: