Monday, March 12, 2007

Summary for week of 4-10 Mar

Week of 4-10 March, finally burned some rubber on my Adizero SN.
  • Sunday, 4 Mar: 21km LSD at ECP.
  • Monday, 5 Mar: No runs.
  • Tuesday, 6 Mar: Went to CBD but the rain that started @1800hrs meant slippery floor. Had dinner instead.
  • Wednesday, 7 Mar: Did a 21km (SCSM Half Marathon route, less the Padang finishing stretch) LSD.
  • Thursday, 8 Mar: Travel day, no runs. Mum called in the evening, her brother passed away. The last funeral in the family was my grandma (Mum's mother), about 16 years ago.
  • Friday, 9 Mar: Was at my aunt's place for my late uncle's funeral. When the Ustaz was wrapping the body with white cloths, i realised that i am not prepared to die just yet. Not that i can choose but just that there are things i need to learn and prepare myself before leaving for the next world.
  • Saturday, 10 Mar: Ed's birthday was Friday, so i fixed up lunch, based on what she requested for; usual stuff, salmon, brocolli, almond jelly with longan, rootbeer float etc.

I realised how fragile we mere mortals are. My new aim in life is to prepare myself for the next world. Like Morrie said, "If you know how to die, then you'll know how to live." HHmm.. wait.. did Morrie said that? or was it Andy McNab?

No comments: