Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The bike that i bought

After the 2 laps at Coastal Road on Sunday, i felt the need to get a roadbike. Furthermore, Sassyrunner mentioned about heading to Port Dickson for the Triathlon in mid July. I was at PD in April and truly enjoyed the half marathon, even though we were soaked to the skin with rain water.

I asked Ed and she gave me the greenlight to go. Then again, i don't have a road bike of my own and cycling 20km in my dad's city bike doesn't look too appetising. So i glanced through the pages of togoparts.com, searching for a bike worth within my meagre S$1200 budget. Few unsuccessful attempts before i found one posted by Jason, who was selling his full Shimano-parts Scott aluminium bike. Got Coach Suhaimi to check though the specifications before agreeing to take a look at the bike at Bedok.

The bike came with bull-horn handle and aerobars, which seemed too garang for my liking. Nevertheless, i told myself that i'll just get this bike for a start. Though Jason requested for S$1400, we managed to agree on S$1200. An hour later, the bike was on its way home, my home.

1 comment:

Jodan said...

Cool!!
Posting the bike pic? :)