Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brick Training - for a start

Having signed up for Port Dickson Triathlon Sprint event, i felt the need to train my swim as well as bike. Heard so much about brick training i.e. running after swimming. So as Wednesday came, i took the exercise-at-1700hrs priviledge granted by the boss to do just that.

Left office just after 1700hrs. With my Adidas white/red vest, Black tights, Asics Cumulus, Nathan Waist Pouch filled with USK, goggles and towel, i headed for Jalan Besar Swimming Pool. Took me about 10mins to reach the pool. Slotted in S$1 for the entry ticket and deposited my non-swimming stuff at the locker.

Jumped into the pool and started swimming, frog-style. Did 15 laps with breaks after every lap. Took about 35mins.

Having completed the 15laps/750m swim, i rushed to the locker and put on my shoes, vest and other essentials and ran out of the complex, headed towards my office building, about 1km away.

My legs certainly felt like bricks when i started running. Wonder if thats the reason why they call this brick training.

Run: 2km
Swim: 15laps/750m with rest
Shoes: Asics Cumulus

No comments: