Wednesday, June 27, 2007

CBD Run - 26 June 2007

2 days after Penang Bridge Marathon, and my legs were aching all over. Quads, hamstrings, calves, shin, forefeet, heels, they all hurt. Nevertheless, i heard that the best recovery, besides rest and massage, is a relaxing recovery run. Just in time, Tuesday meant CBD Run.

Changed to my Mizuno Blue vest and shorts and headed towards the startpoint at Tanjung Pagar MRT Station, where a group of runners such as Tiwazz, Philip, Edwinchiam, Tekko and Fennel were waiting. Put on my NB 1060 and waited for Tigger to brief on the route. He did just that, saying we'll be running Set A; our normal Marina South 10km route. TLR and FD dropped by to let the SGRunners moderators try out the new polo t-shirt. I so must get 1.

The run started soon after. I followed the last person but was soon overtaking a few ahead of me. Loneshark gave some advice about biking and the equipments i need to get. After a while, i felt the urge to pee and as we passed the Marina Bay Station, i left the group and headed for the toilet.

Continuing my run, i was all on my own, trying to catch up with the pack. Saw Tiwazz, barebodied, running back to the startpoint i assume. Caught up with Ronnie and Bee, and asked if they mind accompanying me for the longer 10km route. Bee agreed and so we set off. I followed the couple at Bee's steady pace. Before long, i felt like a lightbulb and decided to speed up, saying thank you to them.

I reached the startpoint where Tigger was on hand to offer me a cup of H2O. A good run this CBD. Unfortunately, with the IR development, the route is no longer safe for runners. However, i'm sure we'll find some other route to run at.

Distance: 10km
Shoes: NB 1060

No comments: