Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CBD Run: Set E - 26 Feb 08

Set E is Mount Faber loops, dreadful but appetising.
Left office at 6pm and was the first few to reach startpoint. Spotted dark, heavy clouds in the sky and was in two minds about running. Nevertheless, put on NB 735 Blue and USK, having already changed to Mizuno Orange and black shorts at the office.
Soon, more runners arrived and we set off running by 7. The route was Tanjung Pagar Rd - Spottiswoode Park - Kampong Baru Rd - Mt Faber - Kampong Baru Rd - Spottiswoode Park - Tanjung Pagar. I started at the back of the pack and remained there for most of the route.
We passed by the shophouses at Everton Park on the way to Kampong Baru and saw a filming taking place. I wasn't tired yet, just that my legs and arms were sore from Monday's swim lessons. Used ST as my pacer, the girl has improved so much since the first time i ran with her.
Laserrunner was fast, and was ahead of me by the time we climbed up Mount Faber. The slope was very steep and i had difficulty slowing down my breathing. That has been a problem since i picked up Triathlon. Maybe i should do yoga again.
Got to the top of Mount Faber and went down towards Wishart Rd, seeing some cyclists along the way. Halfway down, i turned left and made my way up to the top again, with ST following close behind, and Laserrunner just ahead. Reaching the top, i felt something going into my eyes and stopped to clear. That was when i lost sight of Laserrunner. Tigger was around, asking if i want to do an extra loop, Laserrunner is just ahead. The rest of the group will be going back to startpoint.
I decided to do the extra loop, and slowly made my way down and up again. No sign of Laserrunner but Terrance and Batx caught up after completing their 3 loops. I ran down the hill with Batx but he sped off once we reached Kampong Baru. So i was left running all alone, back to the startpoint.
Didn't have my Polar with me so i had to ask for time from a passerby, just outside the Railway station. He told me it was 2040hrs. I'm sure the rest must have arrived at the end point, so i did a fast one all the way back.
Felt good, excellent route, the slopes were steep but thats probably the kind of route i should be doing.
Shoe: NB 735 Blue
Distance: 15km

No comments: