Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspiration.... leading to depression??

I saw 2 things that inspired me. Unfortunately these two things led me to a reflection, which could possible contribute to me feeling a little down these few days.

Observation 1:
During the 2.4km IPPT Training, AM told me about the le tour de langkawi telecast on tv. I have never found joy watching cycling races on tv but decided to give this a chance. What i saw truely inspired me. The race was from Temerloh in Pahang to Fraser's Hill. Just a few weeks a go i had a hard time driving up that hill. And the bikers seems to ease their way up, rather effortlessly. Which led me to think: What kind of training is required for a rider to do that? Should the triathlon or duathlon races be that slopy or hilly, what will be required of me to make my way to the finish line? Can i do that? Right now, no way? Not even close.....
Observation 2:
Got to Bishan pool early on Monday. None of my classmates were around so i decided to take a dip in the pool, watching some small kids swim. There was this one kid, swimming very close to me. He effortlessly glided his way in water, and breaststroked in a way i've never seen before. There was i, been swimming breaststroke for a long time, very badly i must add, but effectively nonetheless. And i see this kid swimming, i feel inspired, even tried his strokes, and realised that, even will all the survival test i've been put through, the sprint multi-sport races i've completed, i've been a crappy swimmer all these time.
Sucks.........

No comments: