Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Training for IPPT 2.4km - 17 Feb 08

Throughout my entire National Service years, be it full time or reservist, i have never put in any training for 2.4km. Since the ICT i have been called up for coming April will be my last, i decided to start a training session, inviting my fellow troopers from AK4.
Only AM, OC Troop, appeared on the first day of training, where i planned to do a warm up 2.4km followed by a warm down 2.4km, just to instill confidence and get rid of distance barrier some troopers may have. However, AM has no such problem. I clearly remembered him overtaking me during the last lap of last year's IPPT 2.4km test, finishing 10sec ahead of me, though i still insist the overtaking was possible as my path was blocked by another runner.
Anyhow, another SGT, SGT Y overslept and did not appear, so it was just AM and me. We started off, as per schedule, a slow 2.4km and followed that up with an even slower closing 2.4km.
I didn't feel any problems, no pain of the ankles, no feeling of stopping or giving up. Next week will be, hopefully, a 2.4km warming up, followed by 6 sets of 200m sprint and 200m jog intervals, ending with a slow 2.4km warming down.
Distance: 2 x 2.4km
Shoe: Asics Cumulus

No comments: